Okay so taking inventory….
- OpenSlug with a working USB camera that supports upto 640×480. (though I will likely only ever use 320×240 for my robot application)
- Wireless link to OpenSlug using an ASUS WL-330
- Samba and SSH configured and running on both Fedora and OpenSlug
- K8055 USB interface board that supports 5 digital inputs, 2 analog inputs and 8 digital outputs.
- K8055 software cross compiling on a Fedora 6 laptop
- remote control car chassis with control board (w/motor relays) I’m still not convinced that I will use this as I have not been able to locate it’s battery charger.
- a blog/web site to record my progress, and of course an understanding wife! 😉
Ah.. things appear to be coming together quite nicely. So now I guess the real fun begins.
- Need to experiment with controlling motors
- Need to update K8055 software to control outputs based on inputs
- Need to write some image manipulation software
- Need to write some network communication code
So far progress has been great..